Monday, February 14, 2011

Favorite Student Quotes of the Day!

Some Favorite Quotes today...

"I hate Valentine's Day! I can't stand all of this love and all the girls that have crushes on me!"

"I swear my mom's trying to ruin my life by making me go to my sister's ballet recital on my birthday."

We were taking a spelling pre-test the word was shipment...one student pipes up "Miss Dilworth, you've taught me not to use those kind of words and now you're saying one...the sh word!" (This was funny, because he truly was appalled!)

"Cowboys don't shop at malls" another student piped in "or real men and I'm a real man!"

"Your sister looks like she likes shopping!"

"You should save this cupcake for your sister, didn't you say this is her favorite frosting?" (I never remember saying anything about my sister and that frosting).

One student gave me about 10 valentines all labeled "From Miss Dilworth."

My students are amazed that I have a first name and that my friends and family don't call me Miss Dilworth. They really can't get over the fact that I have a first name...I find it quite amusing!

Needless to say, I love my job and my students crack me up on a daily basis.

2 comments:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

Love this post..... Love YOU!!!

-Heather

Erica George said...

Taresa! i love reading those quotes from your students. they are so funny! i work at an elementary school as a para-educator, and the students always crack me up. I love it. The things they say are priceless! im glad you find joy in them too. elementary aged kids are the best!:)