Today is a legendary day in the life of Taresa. Today is the day that I got rid of my favorite pair of shoes- my argyle vann shoes. Yes, it's true I threw them away. They were quite worn out, but it was hard to depart with them. I had to take pictures to document and I decided to write a poem as well (poetry writing happens to be a hobby of mine). Hope you enjoy my silliness! But remember, this is all VERY true!
My Vann Shoes
They happen to be my favorite shoes
ones in fact, I never though I would loose.
I got them on a sunny day in July
and I'm not telling a lie.
They took me many places
and I always made sure to tie both laces.
I had many memories with them
they were like my shoe gem.
I took them country dancin'
and no I did no prancin!
Latin dancin' was great fun too
in these argyle shoes...
A hole began to appear
as the fabric ripped, I did hear.
My sock could soon be seen-
something that was unfashionably keen.
My mom said they looked shaggy
and my feet were probably lagging.
The last adventure in them happend to be
a day at the beach, you see.
I left with a shoe full of sand
as through the hole to the bottom it did land.
It was time to say goodbye
and I was sad, no lie.
Well now I can say my favorite shoes
I did in fact loose
on this 18th day in April 2009
for this day, I always remember in my mind!

2 comments:
I love the poem!
Oh this is so sad!!! You should post a picture of your new shoes. I love your poems!
Post a Comment