I recently found out that I will be student teaching in Sandy, Utah- Cayon's district. I don't know the grade yet (I find out at the end of Nov). I'm told that I will most likely get 4-6th grade, because I'm 1st grade right now. I have decided that I will be happy with whatever I get, as I'm learning being in this 1st grade class that I can handle anything! I will start student teaching Jan. 4th...just around the corner!
Well besides school, I really don't have a life. Last night was the first time that I have hung out with a friend all semester. It can be hard, because I'm use to being a social butterfly, but my classes are so demanding that I don't really have a choice. I'm hoping to go dancing once or twice this semester and hope to hit yoga sometime too. It's so hard, because it being my last semester in Rexburg there are many things I still want to do and many people I would love to hang out with. Such is life though. I'm doing cross country, which I love. It pushes me and allows me to relieve some stress-something I yearn for!
In Sept. I did a relay, where there 8 girls on my team and we ran from the Idaho Falls temple to the Rexburg temple. It was an amazing experience! We were just doing it for fun, so we place towards the end, but it was fun nonetheless. I ran the 5th leg, 5.2 miles. It was hard, since it was 90 degrees outside and no water until the end. My left knee started to hurt, so I had to walk...which I was quite disappointed in myself. My time was alright and I made it to the finish line. Here's a pic. of my team:
Back: Clarissa, Janelle, Amber, Alicia Middle, Me, Daryn Front: Charlotte, SusanHere is a pic. of me and a couple of my roomates. ( I look like my mother in this picture:)
Me, Nicolle(My room roommate 18 from Ventura,CA), Kaeli (21, from Seattle, WA...one of the other seniors)
Nicolle, Erica (18, from Rexburg, ID...she's a quadruplet), Amanda (19, from Sandy, UT...she is a sophmore)
Here is apt. 9...all except me (tells ya how much I'm around). From left to right: Beth (21, from Florida and she is the 3rd senior in the apt), Erica, Kaeli, Nicolle and Amanda

2 comments:
Loved your post-congrats on a thus far successful teaching experience and your relay! Hey, canyons school district is where I live- in you end up living in Remington Apts be sure to let me know!!!! Love you!
Sorry you're so busy in your last semester-- I bet you would like to take it easier now that you're coming to the finish line, but I guess this is the way it has to be. Good luck with everything. I'm excited for you to be teaching starting in January, especially nearer by. That's awesome!
Post a Comment