Sunday, December 20, 2009

They Call Me Miss Dilworth

This past semester, I was given the opportunity to work in Mrs. Navarro's 1st grade class. It was a lot of work, but I loved it! It's amazing how attached you can become to those little kids, even if they drive you nuts at times. I learned so much about teaching and myself through this practicum experience. I love teaching and children. I have come to know that if I'm able to just change one child's life because of my example and teaching, then my time has been well spent. Here are some pictures of my class and me teaching. I feel like I look SO old! Enjoy! :)

These were the other students in my class that taught at the school this semester as well.
Back Row: Me, Whitney, Kliss, Jared, Rebecca (She is going to be my roommate during student teaching)
Front Row: Joy, Megan



That little boy was asking to go to the bathroom...joys of 1st grade-small bladders :)

Explaining how to spell a word

This picture shows the true nature of the classroom!


Back Row(Left to right): Miss Dilworth (I actually look tall for once:)), Dallin, Ty, Dalton, Jonah, Jace, Austyn, Tanner, Bryce
Second Row: Noemi, Grace, McKeon, Izaiya, Andres, Katie, Victoria, Noah
Third Row: Charity, Ben, Rosa, Liberty, Samantha, Taylor, Jade and Kiera

No comments: