This past week at school was "Pride Week," so each day there was a new theme. Monday, it was crazy hair day. Leticia and I put our heads together and came up with the idea of me wearing my hair straight up. In order to do this, we put a plastic cup on my head and put hair around it. We then used a ton of hairspray! (It took 3 days, for my hair to be rid of all of it). It turned out to be really cute! I looked like a "Who" from Whoville. Many people said, "Each time I look at you, it throws me off. It looks like a "Who" is walking down the hallway." Now, I do have to say that I had a headache all day, but it was worth it. My students loved it and thought that I was pretty cool. At the end of the day, the headache didn't matter. What mattered is that I was able to show my students that it's okay to have fun.
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Crazy Hair Day!
This past week at school was "Pride Week," so each day there was a new theme. Monday, it was crazy hair day. Leticia and I put our heads together and came up with the idea of me wearing my hair straight up. In order to do this, we put a plastic cup on my head and put hair around it. We then used a ton of hairspray! (It took 3 days, for my hair to be rid of all of it). It turned out to be really cute! I looked like a "Who" from Whoville. Many people said, "Each time I look at you, it throws me off. It looks like a "Who" is walking down the hallway." Now, I do have to say that I had a headache all day, but it was worth it. My students loved it and thought that I was pretty cool. At the end of the day, the headache didn't matter. What mattered is that I was able to show my students that it's okay to have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment