So last night, my roomates and I went to the play that the school was putting on "Does She Love Me?" It was almost identically to one of my mom and my favorite old movies "Shop Around the Corner" or the modern movie "You've Got Mail". One of my FHE brother's was in it and it was fun watching him perform. I had a little bit of a difficult time enjoying it, because I hadn't done any homework yet and couldn't get my mind off of everything I needed to do. The play ended up being 2 1/2 hours and that number soon became the number of the amount of sleep I got last night... I ended up staying up until 4:30 A.M. doing homework....now don't worry or fret, I wasn't alone. My partner in crime, MaryLynn was with me. We played hip hoppin' country music to make ourselves stay awake and even broke down and did a few moves. We then got in the Christmas spirit by playing Christmas music and having our own little holiday party in the living room...well the party was in our minds, because after all we were doing homework...really, we were! After eating much of the delicious gold fish (our stress reliever snack), much laughter, and falling off the couch the night came to an end with a brief sleep...(2 1/2 hrs). I set four alarms so that I would sure to hear one of them and get up at 7 to get ready for my 8 am P.E. class. The alarms didn't work, but my roomate Katie's voice did! Needless to say, today has been a long day and after falling asleep while taking a literacy quiz in class I wonder how I will ever learn. You see, this my seem admoral, but it more typical than it should be. I haven't gone to bed before midnight since September. I'm usually up until 1 a.m-2 a.m. and I wondering if I will ever learn that my body does need sleep to function properly. It is this horrible cycle that I have gotten into and a bad habit that I can't seem to quit. It is sad when feeling rested seems abnormal and feeling sleepy feels like the norm. Due to this horrific pattern, I've been starting to fall asleep in very odd places and very akward positions, such as in the hall of the bathroom, living room floor, kitchen table, couch, library (don't get much studying done there) and even class. Hopefully I'll learn that sleep is a necessary thing in life, but until then I'll try and be satisified with the 2-4 hrs. I get every night and be thankful for naps! All I can say is everything seems funnier at 2 A.M. or when you are running on 2 hrs. of sleep....and they call me a happy person, a sleep deprived person who be a more accurate.
p.s. I'll have some sleeping pictures posted later:)

1 comment:
SLEEP, Taresa!!! But if you must stay up, do listen to Christmas music. It's the best.
Post a Comment