Monday, June 8, 2009

One BIG Pizza P-A-R-T-Y !!

This past Saturday, My friend Mary and I threw a pizza party at my apt. # 204. We thought that we would have a lot of people, but never imagined that over 50 people would come! It was quite overwhelming! It was crowded, a bit stressful but over all tons of fun! Here is a poem I wrote about the fun night! There will be pictures to follow :)

One Roaring Pizza Party!

A pizza party was planned
And it seemed as if no one was banned!
I invited friends
Mary invited friends
And friends invited friends who invited friends until no end!

Everyone seemed to come on time
Not adhering to the Mormon standard line.
People started rolling the dough out
Some hesitant with looks of doubt.
I couldn’t believe my ears
And right then wished I couldn’t hear
When I heard the words “We are out of dough”
I thought to myself, “Oh no!”
My friend Arthella was suppose to be bringing some
But unfortunately she had yet to come!
Right before I began to flee
Arthella showed with dough, thank thee!
However, we still needed more
But really it was only a minor chore!

I made three batches of dough
and it seemed to all go!
While making my chicken alfredo pizza
I heard my name being called-Taresa
I was soon being beckoned to my pizza dough making call
And to tell you the truth I just wanted to bawl!

The apartment 204 was people scrunched
And all you could hear was crunch, munch, crunch!
So, I gathered all the ingredients and with an armful
I rushed down to apt. 201 in the weather cold.
My good friend Kyle was not far behind
As he wanted to help make the dough, which was fine!
The table was gone, so I used a chair
Trying to handle everything with care!
I was such a dough pro that I had the recipe memorized
I know you thinking- ya right! But it ain’t no lie!
Two more batches were made with the help of my friend
Some extra hands were quite the lend!

I was happy once I got piece of pizza to eat
As it was a mighty scrumptious treat!
I finally had time to socialize
I soon began to note all those I didn’t recognize!
No time to ask names,
as I would soon forget and then feel lame!

The two batches of dough had finally raised
And I was soon being praised!
More pizza were made with creative flair
And put in the oven and watched with tender care!
The aroma soon filled the air
It could be smelt for miles, even by a bear!

Now, no pizza was put to waste
Every last bite had a delightful taste!
The mess was overwhelming
But the help received was quite compelling!
As everything was put away
I looked back at one exhausting day!

The pizza party was a smash hit
Even though at times I felt like throwing a fit!
Over fifty people came
It was as if my pizza dough was a fame!
Overall I had a blast
And wanted it to last!
All the hard work was worth it in the end
For I got to spend some quality time with some awesome friends!



No comments: