Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life in California

I've been home for about 2 weeks now and it's been nice just relaxing and having fun. I really don't miss school at this point and I'm happy to be a graduate and have my teaching credential! Whaooo (now the fun part is to wait for them to come in the mail). In the meantime, I've been applying to districts all over. I believe I have applied to 8 so far. I have a goal of sending in one application a day and I'm almost on top of it. I've also applied to numerous other jobs as well. It seems like I've been productive, but I've only heard back from one. It wasn't one I was too thrilled about, because 1. It's not a school district calling me to have an interview and 2. It's only a summer job. It's for a tutoring company in Newport Beach who deal with kids-adults who have learning disabilities. It doesn't sound bad, but I don't fully agree with their teaching philosophy. It would only be for the summer, so I would still need to find something else. I have my 3 hour interview (one part is group, other individual) this coming Wed. I hope to find a teaching job for the fall somewhere. It's been fun being home and spending time with my family. I've been cleaning my parents apartment and reorganizing things like the food closet. The time seems to be passing by fast and I'm actually pretty happy. Here are some pictures from Easter




Tara and I at her sister's wedding. It took place on a yacht.

Lily and I before we dyed Easter eggs.
The eggs are all white and waiting patiently to be colored...

The dye sizzling...almost time for the egg dyeing to begin...


Lily dyeing her first egg


Me, dyeing eggs. (And for those of you who have asked for years what my natural hair color looks like, you're looking at it).


The finished product of my mom and I.


The finished product of my sister-in-law, Nicky

Lily opening her Easter basket from LaLa


smelling the flower LaLa made for her out of pipe cleaner




Grandma made Lily a monkey for Easter

Lily loves her monkey so much and the person that made it for her! She named the monkey grandma. :)

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter, as you can see...I sure did!

No comments: