Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Blame Game

Do you ever get the hiccups that seem to last forever? Everyone seems to have their own solution to getting rid of them- swallow them, eat a spoonful of sugar, drink warm water ect. Whatever I seem to do, they don't seem to go away on my terms. This past week, I kept on getting the hiccups on this one day. I was so irritated by them that I could have screamed! I decided to research what causes them and learned what to blame: the diaphragm. The diaphragm typically works perfectly, inhaling and pulling air into your lungs. However, when it gets irritated hiccups are formed. To read more go to: http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/hiccup.html

I guess humans aren't the only ones that get irritated once in awhile, I learned today that our diaphragm's do to.

What did you learn today?

Happy Thursday to All!!

No comments: