Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! This year, is my first Thanksgiving away from my family. Due to bad roads, Leticia and I decided not to go to Montana and just stay home. It has been a simple day, but one where I have been able to reflect upon all that I'm grateful for. I'm grateful for my family. I don't think you realize how much apart of your life they're until you live far away from them. I'm thankful to be blessed with wonderful parents who love me. They're wonderful examples to me and have helped me become the woman I'm today. I'm thankful to each of my siblings and all the things they teach me. I'm thankful for the sisters-n-laws I've been blessed with and their sweet spirits. I'm thankful for my niece Lily. For her sweetness, laughter and love she brings into our family. I'm thankful for all my friends. I feel so blessed to have so many kind, caring friends who help lift me up and make me strive to be a better person. I'm thankful to have a teaching job. I have a job that I love, that pays me well and allows for me to pay my bills, buy groceries, help others and have a pleasant life. I'm thankful for my students, for all they teach me. They bring so many smiles and laughter into my life. I'm thankful for a running car with studded tires. It is such a treat to live in Idaho and have a car- a working car too! I'm thankful for my house. Although it is cold and I freeze most of the time, at least it is warmer than it is outside. I'm grateful for hot running water, electricity and heat. I'm thankful for good entertainment. I'm thankful for food.I'm thankful for clothes. I'm thankful for hats, mittens and snow boots. I'm thankful for scrapers to scrap the ice from my car windows. I'm thankful for shovels, so I can shovel the snow. I'm thankful my body. I'm thankful for pets- our dog, Miss Zoula. I know she drives most the family nuts, but I love and miss her. I'm thankful for the Internet. I'm thankful for cell phones. I'm thankful for mail. I'm thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. I'm thankful for the Temple, that binds families forever. I'm thankful to my Heavenly Father who knows and loves me. Last of all, I'm thankful for Jesus Christ and all the sacrifice he made for me and all the world. I'm thankful for all the little things in life. May we all reflect upon all the things we have to be grateful for today and in all the days to come. Happy Thanksgiving!! Love, Taresa The chef!

1 comment:

FYI said...

Something about you on video with that background music makes me crack up!! It's as if you take Disneyland with you wherever you go!!