Wednesday, September 19, 2012
My Current Life in a Nutshell (Taresa style)
I have been horrible at blogging :(. These could be the reasons why...
1. Started dating someone in June.
2. Had eye muscle surgery in July on both eyes. (Recovered most of the summer).
3. Moved to Idaho Falls in August, because I got a job teaching 3rd grade.
4. Bought a blue 2009 Subearu Forester!
5. Went to Montana in June for a family reunion and in August to meet my new niece Annabelle. (Chad and Fenesa's baby).
6. Got engaged to Richard on August 18, 2012.
7. After my sister, Richard and I spent a week putting together my 3rd grade classroom, I received a phone call and was told that there was no longer going to be a 3rd grade position at that school. If I wanted a job, I could go teach 1st grade at another school across town. I need a job, so I took what I was given...and what I was given was a classroom filled with tables, filing cabinets and boxes and two days to get it ready :). I was blessed with a lot of help during the whole process and was able to get it finished.
8. Now I'm trying to keep sane, as I teach 24 1st graders (17 boys and 7 girls).
Overall, there have been a lot of changes in my life in the past few months, but they have all been good and positive changes. I feel blessed in my life for the following reasons:
1. After attending a temple trip a friend put on, I met Richard. We continued to go on temple trips and before long we were dating, boyfriend/girlfriend....becoming the best of friends. :)
2. After seeing double for 10 years, I'm happy to announce I see single for the first time. My right eye is pretty straight (not completely) and as of right now I don't have to wear glasses. I'm able to drive now and it's actually becoming enjoyable for me.
3. The big city of Idaho Falls is actually a nice place to live...I mean they have a Target and a good shopping mall to keep my sanity.
4. I love my new car. It has real "get up and go." I'm starting to like to drive for the first time in my life. It's not as big of a chore as it use to be.
5. It was a blessing to go the Dilworth reunion and be able to be with family and remember my Grandpa Lyle and the amazing man that he was. I miss him and think of him often. He left such a wonderful legacy for us all to follow. Richard came to Missoula, MT with me for the first time. He survived meeting the family, so I guess he's a keeper. He is in love with the mountains, so we get along. It was such a wonderful experience to meet Annabelle Monroe Dilworth. She is so tiny and precious. I fell in love and can't wait to hold her again.
6. While cleaning and organizing my new 3rd grade classroom, Richard got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I, being in shock didn't respond in my normal "let me think about it way," but said "yes!" My mom always told me when I found a guy who became my best friend that I should marry them. Well, this summer Richard and I spent a lot of time together and we became best friends and then fell in love. I didn't hesitate when he asked me. I know he is the one for me. He makes me happy and loves me for the person I am. Temper, moodiness, goofiness, quirkiness, and crybaby. If he loves me despite all my weaknesses he's the guy for me. We're getting married in the Idaho Falls temple on March 2, 2013. I'm having fun planning the wedding with my mom and sister, but will be happy when that day comes and we can be sealed together forever.
7. I'm a person who doesn't ask for help, because 1. I'm stubborn 2. I'm very stubborn and 3. I'm extremely stubborn and think "I can do everything and anything on my own!" Well, Heavenly Father knows this and knows I need to learn to ask others to help me. I was surprised at how friendly and helpful the new staff at Bush Elementary have been to me. It has been a trial for me, but one in which I'm growing (whether I like it or not).
8. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I'm actually learning to "like" (not love) teaching 1st grade! Today, we sang songs and poems and I was off tune as a fish out of water, but did the students care? Nah, they just wanted to sing more and more! Yes, I get tired of "I have to go to the bathroom!", "Can you tie my shoe." "Please be quiet", "Follow directions", stop touching them" , "hands to yourself." But, I think this who 1st grade teacher thing is going to teach me A LOT more patience, love AND COMPASSION! I'm going to be as soft as a marshmallow when I finish this year. Oh, dear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I thought i sent a comment yesterday but apparently not. Two words for you Wild and Crazy sums up your summer. I so happy to be apart of your life and look forward to all the happy memories we have. I love you and can't wait for the next one ;-)
Thank you for sharing your story! I was eager to hear it. Sounds like life is really good and I'm so happy for you. Good luck with your class, congratulations on your eye surgery, and most of all, hooray for finding your best friend and marrying him!!
It is so good to catch up with you via your blog! I have been very out of blogging, socializing, and the like myself. I come back, and read your blog, and it is just so awesome hearing about your life. I can't believe your school switched your grade at the last second...I can't imagine trying to make that shift at the last second! Congratulations on your engagement. It is such a wonderful thing to fall in love!! Great to hear from you :)
Post a Comment