Friday, December 12, 2014

Our Announcement

Richard and I were excited to announce the coming of our new little bundle of joy and decided what better way to do it in a Christmas card! Richard told me that we had to get a Miami Heat onsie to announce it, so we had one made, came up with the idea, took the picture and I put it altogether using Picasa. We were pleased with how it turned out. Richard didn't want to tell anyone until after I had seen the doctor, so our family found out a few days before Thanksgiving. We texted our "Christmas Card" to Richard's family first. After waiting an hour and hearing nothing, Richard called them and after some explanation of the text, his dad was soon shouting for joy. We then texted my family next and the phone calls soon began to poor in (except for my parents). After trying to call my mom and no answer. I called my dad. I asked him if he received my text, which he said he did, but he didn't get it. After explaining it to him, he was shocked by our news. My mom was the last one to hear in my family, as she was getting her haircut at the time and didn't see the text. Needless to say, everyone is super excited for a new little one to join the family. A week later, we told our co-workers and friends. We feel blessed by the overwhelming excitement and congratulations that has been felt.

No comments: