Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Houses-Oh Boy!

To every one's surprise...including my roommates, I actually did something social this past Wed. and was out till almost curfew=shock I know! So you're probably thinking "What outrageous thing did I do?"

Well, being the elementary education major that I'm...what do you think I did? I got together with my friends Katie and MaryLynn and made awesomely, amazing Halloween houses! Yep, my friends have a love of doing creative things too...so it makes it fun! As always, MaryLynn's came out to be a master piece and Katie and I tried our best and putting our artistic abilities to use. This was the first time the three of us have hung out all semester and it was loads of fun! We had a good time laughing, reminiscing and having fun together as great friends! Once again, I'm thankful to be blessed with many wonderful, caring, dear friends in my life. I know that as the chapter of college closes in my book of life that I will miss these moments, so I'm learning to cherish them while they last. "No road is long with good friends." These two girls are definitely friends for life.



Katie and MaryLynn joyfully working on their houses

The three of us

I thought it was time to strike a goofy pose ;)

The three of us being silly with our finished product

This is my the house that Taresa made:)...I thought it turned out well...we used a hot glue gun and I only ended up getting 3 blisters from burning myself ;). I know understand why my mom never let me use a glue gun when I was younger....smart mother! I do remember sneaking Claire Crowley's mother's glue gun when I was playing at her house a couple of times...it resulted in a few blisters then too...I guess I'll remain "Glue gun clumsy, blistering Taresa" forever! (It almost sounds good enough to write a poem about it)...maybe another time!

My Halloween celebration consisted of this on Wed night. I came down with a cold this past Friday and rested all Sat...what a lame last Halloween in college, right? I need to get better though because I can't miss class. I love dressing up and have to say that I missed it dearly this Halloween! I was happy that I did get to make Halloween houses earlier in the week and have some fun with my girlfriends.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: