Here are a few conversations from my students that I thought I would share.
Student: "Miss Dilworth, do you think Obama should be president?"
Me: (even before I could say anything)
Student: "Because I don't."
Me: "You're in 3rd grade, why do you have that opinion?" Student: "Well, I saw two adults who I like that were talking about how they don't like him, so I don't like him any more either." LOL
Student: "You look like that character from Scobby Doo...what's her name?"
Me: "Velma"
Student: "Ya, Velma" (then shouting to the class) "Miss Dilworth looks like Velma from Scooby Doo.
The next day...same student...
Student: "Guess what I'm going to be for Halloween?"
Me: "What?!*"
Student: "Shaggy!"
Me: "Do you want me to be Velma?"
Student: "You wouldn't even have to dress up to be her!"
I wrote my first name on the board, showing example of where to put your name on your paper.
A student exclaimed: "Whose name is that!?"
Me: "Mine."
Student: "Your name is Tarzan?"
I had almost no voice
Student: "Would you please stop talking!!?!* You sound like a robot and it's annoying me!"
My friend came to talk with me during recess
Student: "You actually have friends?!"
During a reading discussion
Student: "I was born in two places- New York City and Vegas"
Another Student: "Wow! I've never known someone who was born in two places!"
It's funny how gullible the kids are sometimes....that student likes to tell lies all the time and the other kids believe anything he says.

No comments:
Post a Comment