Last Wednesday, this was the scenery I saw:
Last Wednesday, I came home after going to the school to do some grades(I'm currently on harvest break until Oct.11th) to find something I hadn't expected-a dead deer in my yard! When I pulled up and looked to my left, I thought it was a dead dog and said to myself "Oh, my gosh!" I decided I couldn't stomach walking over to it, so I went inside and took another look from my kitchen window. It definitely wasn't a dog, seeing it had hooves. It was a deer. a dead deer was in my yard! "How, lovely" I thought. I called my landlord and couldn't get a hold of him. No one would do anything, because it was on private land. My only wish was for it to be gone! I was going to Rexburg that night to go country dancing, so I left my house and the dead deer. I was hoping to come home to it gone, but how could a dead deer walk away? I finally got a hold of my landlord Thursday. When I told him the situation, he thought I was crazy...asking me, "You have a dead deer in your yard?" YES! I said presumptuously. He told me he would call around to the neighbors, trying to find out if someone knew/saw anything. He then told me he would take care of it-thank goodness! When I told people what I had found, they said "Welcome to Aberdeen" I guess everyone in town knows a teacher from California lives here and decided to dump a dead deer off here. Perhaps they were thinking I've never seen one. Well, I'm a true Montana girl and I can handle a dead deer (even if I would prefer not too!) Now many of you're thinking, this would only happen to Taresa. Yes, it's true! This is another eventful situation in my life that doesn't happen to many. I mean, how many of you can say you found a dead deer in your yard? Be jealous now...be very jealous! I decided not to keep the venison, so in the words of my brother Chad "The deer did not die in vain!"

No comments:
Post a Comment