I've been going to Flathead Lake since I was a little girl. The property has been in my family since my mom was little girl, as her grandparents "Pinky" (nicknamed this because of his pink skin) and Jennie McDonald owned the first cabin that was there. Now, there was a piece of cement that was poured years ago and both my great grandparents, Pinky and Jennie put there hand prints there. When my grandpa Pat built the new cabin there, they put the cement slab on the driveway. I've been told since I was a little girl that I look, act and even have mannerisms of my great grandma Jennie. She was short, petite and a teacher- just like me. I've heard great stories my whole life of what a hard worker she was and I've always strive to work my hardest. So, knowing that her hand print was in the driveway, I wanted to see if my hand fit hers. To my surprise, my hand was the exact same size. I thought this was cool. Even though I was 6 months old when my great grandma Jennie died, I've always felt a connection to her. Being able to put my hand and it fitting perfectly in hers was neat. I know she is one my guardian angels who looks over me and I love her.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
My Great Grandma Jennie
I've been going to Flathead Lake since I was a little girl. The property has been in my family since my mom was little girl, as her grandparents "Pinky" (nicknamed this because of his pink skin) and Jennie McDonald owned the first cabin that was there. Now, there was a piece of cement that was poured years ago and both my great grandparents, Pinky and Jennie put there hand prints there. When my grandpa Pat built the new cabin there, they put the cement slab on the driveway. I've been told since I was a little girl that I look, act and even have mannerisms of my great grandma Jennie. She was short, petite and a teacher- just like me. I've heard great stories my whole life of what a hard worker she was and I've always strive to work my hardest. So, knowing that her hand print was in the driveway, I wanted to see if my hand fit hers. To my surprise, my hand was the exact same size. I thought this was cool. Even though I was 6 months old when my great grandma Jennie died, I've always felt a connection to her. Being able to put my hand and it fitting perfectly in hers was neat. I know she is one my guardian angels who looks over me and I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment