Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Food Obsession
I had a couple of days off of school for the 4th of July, so I decided to tread my way to Missoula, Montana to visit my "little" brother Chad and other family. I got a ride from a girl going to school in Rexburg who was headed to Spokane, Washington who dropped me off on the way. It worked out perfectly. I stayed with my mom's parents and had a wonderful time. For those of you who know my mom's family, you know what a HUGE ordeal food is. All the woman in that family are fantastic cooks so this "food obsession" ranges from cooking to eating. We just LOVE food; all dimensions of it. From the moment you wake up at my grandparent's house you already know what you will be having for dinner that night. This is pretty much how my house was growing up too, so it must be a McDonald thing. I love it though, because it gives me something to look forward to-even if it is just food. Sometimes the simplest things in life are the greatest. All I have to say, is that there better be food in heaven or there will be some very grumpy McDonald's. :) The night I arrived my grandma Judy had made ribs-one of my ulitimate favorite foods ever! (and being in college I pretty much only get them when I go home to California), so I was quite surprised and overjoyed to say the least. We also had baked potatoes with this broccoli cheese sauce on top with rolls and white sweet corn. I felt SO spoiled, but loved it!! Yum, Yum! I savored every last bite and was happy to have a full stomach. (I hadn't eaten since breakfast), so I was one hungry chick! Chad came out join us for dinner and we both had grins from ear to ear. We hadn't seen each other since Christmas and it was nice to reunite. He, like my other siblings is one of my best friends. We can't help but smile, laugh and have loads of fun when we are together. Here is a recap of some of my adventures in Missoula, Montana with Chad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment