Saturday, July 18, 2009

You Rotten Tooth!

My teeth adventures seem to be endless! (I had 3 root canals on the same tooth last Fall...long story). Here is the current tooth tale:
While, I was on my backpacking trip earlier in the semester I endured yet another tragic tooth episode. It all began when I was eating a starburst (yes, it was my breakfast...I take after my father) when I heard this crunch, crunch. To then my wandering eyes did appear but a few pieces of my back molar tooth, oh dear! I wanted to cry so much that my tears would recreate Flatehead lake.
For all you readers out there, I'm hoping you're feeling bad for me, saying "oh the poor sap." Well, it doesn't end here. I was dumb one day and started chewing gum, (forgetting about the above episode) and again heard a crunch, crunch. I wanted to panic and start throwing a fit (like the ones dad use to have and throw a lawn mower across the yard), but I stayed calm.
To all my friends who are reading this, I'm hoping this blog post is allowing you to feel empathy for me. Although my tooth tales do not end here. I was brushing my teeth one night...yes, brushing (I take care of my teeth). When I heard and then saw something fly out of my mouth and hit the mirror. Yep, you guess it...another part of my tooth...the same one! This time I not only wanted to cry, panic, but throw a hysterical fit and punch the mirror. I resisted; I thought of the pain I was about to render myself.
Classmates, my tooth problems don't seem to leave me while at school. As, I was talking with one of you during class, I felt something drop and then oops...I swallowed it! Another piece of tooth! I'm sure you guessed it, my appetite was therefore lost. :(
Roommates! Oh roommates! Yes you, I hope you're feeling my toothless pain! Almost half of my back molar on the left side of my mouth is gone. How I truly miss it! While on a roommate dinner outing did I hear another crunch, crunch! Come on, give me a break (not literally). How more could I lose?
Family, dear beloved mother, father-I'm sure this toothless tale is dreadful news to your ears! Siblings, I hope you can empathize with me. I hope these falling out teeth episodes will soon end with thee! I will be going home to the dentist very soon, so you see! But I'll still allow you to empathize with me!

Here is a poem I wrote:

A Tooth Tale


This is a tooth tail of Taresa D
She has lots of tooth problems, so you see.
To the dentist she does tread along
a lot of times with an unhappy song!
In her mind she does prolong the pain
and hopes for the tooth to instantaneouslyappear again!
She feels she is unlucky
having to endure all these tooth episodes is rather yucky!
My parents loath it too
as the money spend is not few.
Half of my molar is gone
and for it I do long.
Why do my teeth rot?
and then new ones must be bought?
Say, you rotten tooth
what happen to the blissful days of youth?

1 comment:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

I totally feel your tooth pain!!!! A popcorn ball in Taiwan led to a cracked tooth.....months later led to capped tooth...which months later let a root canal! I'm truly you are sorry you are having tooth troubles! It's painful on the mouth and on the wallet!!!!